Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Theory of Relativity

Now, now! - Don't worry, I'm not going to write anything that can even get close to Einstein's thoughts.
I was majorly pissed off yesterday, as I had missed my late evening shuttle from office out of sheer stupidity. I presumed a timing of my own and the shuttle was gone by then.
I can hear you guys telling that once in a while public transport can be used.. so much of fretting.
Hold on - I have valid reason - I travel from Ambattur to Shollinganallur.. that is like from Andra to TN.. for people who don't know its 53 km apart. Traveling 106 km a day is definitely not my idea of life.

On top of this I missed the shuttle after an useless meeting . After almost begging every auto driver on road for ride to Velachery , I found one who took pity on me.. in exchange for 100Rs of course. I found a bus that would take me to my place in another 2 hours.
Tired, irritated, sweaty(location chennai), hungry me .. I went to heights of jealousy when I saw a guy in a cozy Honda City besides my window on the roads on a fly over. With air conditioned , the guy was shaking his head to some probably nasty music and gobbling an apple. I thought oh my GOD , why me and turned the other side as I could not take in the atrocity and prejudice of the lord.... On the other side was a roof top with a thatched aluminium shelter, with around 7-8 people living in a place hardly sufficient for 2; no light, no fans and probably no food. Now, the lord was still atrocious and prejudiced, but I could not bring myself to ask why me?
Everything in life is relative!

No comments: